Ilikerandom

Ilikerandom

Monday, February 19, 2007

Methods of Characterization

Here are the methods of characterization for Annie, in my story:

Appearance
-Wearing a pearl necklace
-14 years old
-Bags under her eyes from not much sleep, maybe stress

Inner thoughts and feelings
-I want to go shopping and have my friends buy me presents
-I don't know why my parents are fighting, I hope they don't get a divorce

Environment
-Unstable household with fighting parents
-house under-construction

What they say
-"I really want this."
-"Let's go"
-My parents have been fighting a lot lately.

What others say
-"I don't know her all that well anyways."
-"...it's not like we're that good of friends..."
-She got a ton of cash from her parents
-Half of me believed what she had wrote, but the other half wasn't sure if she was just making everything up.

Actions
-Icily brushing past us in the store
-ditching us in Longs
-Leaving us at her birthday party without explanation
-Emailing an apology

No comments: